It is super exciting when you are prepping to go on a trip to a tropical destination. While you dream of sipping cocktails and soaking up lovely sunshine, you might think that packing for warm places is easier since you do not need a bunch of clothing and layers. But you can possibly miss some essential stuff or pack stuff you don’t really need. We have an ultimate packing list for a tropical destination to ensure you have everything you need. This list will help you stay comfortable, chic, safe and make the best out of your vacation.
Travel documents are the first and foremost thing you must ensure you have. Check all your documents again at least a week before you go, so that you have some time if something is missing. Following is a list of travel documents you should have with you before you travel.
· Driver’s License (if you have one)
· Flight boarding documents
· Cruise Documentations
· Medical Insurance Card (Better safe than sorry)
· Reservation confirmations of the hotel and transport (even though reservations are all online or digital now, printing them won’t hurt you)
· Travel Insurance Information
· Cash and Credit cards
The most fun and crucial part of the packing is getting all the necessary clothes. When going to a tropical destination, you should have the following clothing items to enjoy the weather.
· Sundresses- Should be light and airy
· Swimsuits- Get both kinds, a full one-piece swimsuit, and bikini-bottom)
· Few casual tops- (mix both formal and casual ones
· Pair of shorts and jeans- the quantity depends on how long your trip is but do keep an extra pair of each
· T-shirt and Pajamas for sleeping
· Long-sleeved shirt or a light sweater- you would need one when the deck gets chilly on cruise
· Sweat-shirt or lightweight jacket
Men clothing items:
· Casual trousers, shorts, and jeans
· Smart shirts and casual shirt
· Socks and undergarments
You are probably going to need the following types of shoes:
· Nice pair of sandals
· Heels/ Platforms
Don’t expect that the hotel you’ll be staying at will necessarily have all the toiletries you use. Keep these items with you or buy some when you arrive at your destination.
· Toothbrush and toothpaste
· Shampoo and Conditioner
· Razor and Shaving creams
· Bug repellant
· Soap and Hand sanitizer
· Shower gel
· Makeup products and makeup remover
· Comb/ brush
· Styling products
Don’t forget these other essential items, which can keep you safe and help you avoid boredom.
· Ear phones and charger
· Ipad or tablet
· Sunglasses and sunhat
· Playing cards
· Selfie stick
· Earache drops
· First aid kit
· Sanitizing wipes
· Water bottles that you can refill
So, here was the ultimate packing list for a tropical destination. Before you take it all with you, it is best to find out the policies regarding luggage and stuff. Also keep all the emergency numbers of the country you are going to. Happy Vacation.